We really want to pull together the sort of workshops that will be both valuable and interesting to our members. Below are some ideas we have of workshops we can put together. Please vote on each one (yes or no) as to whether they are of interest/use to you.
Additionally, feel free to post a comment at the bottom proposing any other workshops you may like us to try and put together.
• 50% Outdoor & Adventure – Discussion on ways centres can support getting 50% outdoor and adventure in to programme.
• Permit Scheme – An update of the review process that has been taking place on the whole adventurous activity permit scheme taking place in 2016 and the what is going to happen now.
• Youth in Adventure – following on from 2015. A discussion about how centres can encourage, facilitate and support getting more under 30’s holding activity permits and being activity assessors and how they can engage with Scout Network programme locally
• Activity Permits at Centres – A workshop to see what centres are currently doing about permits and assessors. An opportunity to ask questions and get information about getting centre/ campsite volunteers/ staff and how this is recorded.
• Drop in Clinic – Got a problem about activities/ programme? Come and speak to a member of the activity team and see if they or another centre can help you find the answer.
• Safety 1 – Looking at trends in incidents. A chance to share any patterns of incidents that have occurred at your centre/ campsite. With the aim of seeing if there are patterns across the site and how other people have solved/ reduced incidents
• Safety 2 – Workshop lead by one of the safety team from HQ looking at general site safety.
• Update from UK adventure team – keep up to date on any changes to specific activity rules/ permits. Plus up coming reviews and news.
Digital Marketing - Looking at modern methods of promoting sites including web sites, social media, video and 360 degree images
Learning Away – What makes a Brilliant Residential? A look at the outcomes of this research and how it could help your centre
Feedback Systems- How do you do it? What works and sharing with those who don’t or want to improve what they do.
Role / Job Descriptions - Do you have one volunteer or staff for all the roles in your campsite or activity centre and We and how to go about creating a set of descriptions fit for purpose.
Recruiting the right people to be part of your senior volunteer team/committee